Friday, June 25, 2010

TGIF

Thank God It's Friday is the usual understanding of these four letters.  However, a new meaning for the acronym TGIF has just come to my attention.  It was created by Leonard Sweet to describe the world we live in today:

Twitter
Google
Iphone
Facebook

As I have prepared for my sermon this week, I have been thinking about the "stuff" in my life.  Most of it revolves around these things, though I might switch out twitter with television (just not much of a tweet-er yet).  Technology is something that I can allow to run my life, to be my master.  And yet, as a Christian I want to give my full allegience and devotion to God.  And so, I am meditating on how I utilize my "things" and whether they are tools - or slave-masters for me.  Whether they are helps in my relationship with God - or hindrances.

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit" (Galatians 5:25).

No comments:

ESPN MLB Scoreboard