Wednesday, November 11, 2009

prayer for children, part II

Many months ago, I posted "prayer for children." I ended up not finishing this project for two reasons: time & I made it too difficult, trying to fit everything into one prayer. Through the past three months, rather than putting pen to paper, I just began singing acapello prayers to Isaiah and this song developed out of it. If I can find a way to sing it and record it, I'll post it here (I'm very proud of this little tune). No title at this point - that's always the hardest part of writing poems for me (any suggestions?).
There are some allusions to biblical themes and scripture within this short song, but I'll leave it for you to make the connections for yourself.


Go to sleep, my little one
Go to sleep, so you can rest
Go to sleep, my little one
So you can face tomorrow's best

Dream your dreams
See your visions
Hear our love
In your head

Go to sleep, my little one
And know that you're, Your father's best

Go to sleep, my little one
And know that you're, Your Father's best

No comments:

ESPN MLB Scoreboard